1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Question

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by spane116, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spane116

spane116 (Micro Crab)

I live in Indiana and the winters can get pretty bad. I was wondering what type of things I should get in case the power goes out? Should I try to keep them warm or just transport them to a place that has power? Any ideas?

2. Jason

Jason Moderator

I guess the question would be how long does the power go out where you live and how your house is heated. If the power goes out for short periods of time. Say 30 minutes I would say not to worry about it. If it goes out for days, that is a different story.

Jason

3. NotaMallard

NotaMallard "First Molt, A Success"

Get a few warm blankets and just huddle them around the tank. Wrap it completely and be sure to have lots of layers! If the tank has proper insulation it will keep warm for hours, maybe a day.

4. spane116

spane116 (Micro Crab)

I was thinking no more than eight hours. Hopefully we will not lose power this winter but you never know! Thanks for the idea's!

5. heidi

heidi "Never Molted"

i live in new york and have a strofoam cooler and hot hand packs just incase theres also a crank flash light though dont think much heat will come out of it i never had to use the hot hands yet but have wash cloths to wrap them in just incase anything happens

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.