1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Pet's Ten Commandments

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by Amie91280, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amie91280

Amie91280 "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

My neighbor printed this out and handed it to my son. RJ and the neighbor's chihuahua have a hate/hate relationship (mostly chasing each other around with yelling, yapping and biting involved). I actually sat and retyped it and it brought tears to my eyes.

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any Separation from you is likely to be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I only have you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.

10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.

The funny part is RJ can't even walk through the house without the dog chasing him and being an ankle biter. The houses are connected and we leave the doors open so the dogs can play with each other. I think the chi just doesn't like the way RJ walks, he walks LOUD....lol. Sometimes RJ gets mad and chases him back.

2. LilHermieOnes

LilHermieOnes "Third Molt, A Success"

That was beautiful :crybaby2:

Last year, we had to have our loving furbaby put to sleep...He was a gentle giant(145 lbs) of a dog. He was an inside dog and verrry spoiled! He even slept in our bed! Sometimes my hubby had to go sleep on the sofa, because he took up sooo much room :wub: He had battled 3 types of cancer in his life and the last cancer he got was in his lymphnodes...Lymphosarcoma. He was 10 years old, which for his breed and his size was pretty much a full life at that point. We put him on medications to help him along and so we had a little extra time with him before he was ready to leave this earth. When the day came, it was so sad :crybaby2: he went outside to go to the bathroom, but he sat down and just couldn't get back up again...my husband had to go carry him back into the house. We sat on the floor with him for a long time while we were waiting for the veterinarian appt to have him put to sleep. I had to get up and go get ready to go...he actually forced himself up and walked all the way down the hall way to where I was, just so he could be with me :wub: :crybaby2: When we got to the vets office, me and my hubby went in with him to be with him...it was so hard and so sad...I held his head in my arms as the lady gave him the shot. It was very peaceful and fast. I'm really glad I went in to be there with him...I still miss him so much :crybaby2:

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

OMG PLEASE stop - I cant take this I work at a shelter and my heart aches constantly for the dogs I dont EVEN KNOW let alone the thought of my own fur babies. At least mine is a no kill shelter :crybaby2:

4. vckums

vckums Moderator

Mine are about to turn 2 and I teared up at this. Cocoa somehow hurt her foot yesterday. Right where their nail and toe is, and it was bleeding. We put some of the ani bleeding powder on it and it stopped but she hopped around on 3 legs after that. I ended up carrying her all over the house with me and keeping her on my lap. Boy was Shiloh jealous. Today she will walk on it but if she runs it's a 3 legged run.

5. LilHermieOnes

LilHermieOnes "Third Molt, A Success"

The puppy we have now, Ozzy, when he was younger he wiggled out of my hubbys arms and fell not even a foot to the floor(i hate our tile floors), but he landed just right on his front leg that his paw bent wrong and broke right at the growth plate :crybaby2: My hubby felt horrible, even though it wasn't his fault...we had to call the vet and have her meet us at the off to take x-rays and put a cast on his leg. She was the same vet that went through everything with us with our last dog, so she knew we would never do anything bad on purpose...she didn't even charge us for the emergency call or having him stay over night...she was really nice and didn't even charge us for taking his cast off after the 6 weeks with it on was up. The first week with him and his cast was terrible! He would roll over and his cast would get stuck on top of his head and he would yip :sad5: He is fine now and only has a little limp that isn't really noticable :wub:

6. jugger

jugger "Preparing For Third Molt"

Ok, I am leaving work to go hug my cat now.

7. 5kittens

5kittens "Second Molt, A Success"

I guess I should go play with my kitty right now. Thanks! :teddybear:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.