1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a molting crab

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by timebandit, Jan 17, 2011.

1. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

I have a dark blanket around the bottom of the tank to cover the substrate in case a molter is nearby. So no light will get in. Well I figured that their were no crabs in the front of the tank (they usually molt in the back of the tank. Against the wall. Besides it is more shallow in the front and mounded in the back. So I decided to take off the blanket and what do I find??? A molter on the left corner on the bottom of the tank right up against the glass. And this crab doesnt have an air pocket it has a room.Unfortunately it is below the water bowl of course about 4in below.owell,its safe. Anyway I took a real quick peeky and covered the front again. This was 2 days ago. I thought I would take another quick peek. No lights on just natural light in the shade. And it had just molted. He was in his shell with his little legs tucked loosely in. And his exo was next to him all intact. He had not eatten any yet. I'm going to wait about 2 days and then during the day I'm going to take a quick picĀ  (no flash)and post it. It is awsome.

2. CrabAddict

CrabAddict Moderator

can't wait to see them!

3. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Well I tried to take a pic but without a flash its too dark. Ill take one with a flash in a day or so.

4. thetruechina

thetruechina (Small Crab)

Can't wait to see them I wish my guys would give me a window so i could peak

5. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Well I did it .I took 1 quick pic so it's not the greatest. She's almost ready to surface. She only has part of a big claw and a leg left to eat. Color looks good.

[img=400x300]http://i555.photobucket.com/albums/jj472/60trixie73/moltingcrab.jpg[/img]

6. Ameliasaur

Ameliasaur "Never Molted"

That's so cool! :D

7. CrabAddict

CrabAddict Moderator

Awesome! :rockon: what kind of speceis trixie?

8. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Its just a PP. Thats what all of mine are.Her color is better than what it shows in the pic.

9. thetruechina

thetruechina (Small Crab)

Awsome pic trixie I wish my guys would let me have a peak like that that

10. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Well Bandit came up last night and climbed to the top of the tank high on the plant and thats where he has been since last night. For some wierd reason when they surface they always climb high and stay there for a couple of days. He looks real good but not to active yet.

11. alliswell777

alliswell777 Guest

awesome!!! :katertater: