1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Lonesome Chirp

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by krackersmom2, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

I was wondering if anyone else has had a crab chirp when they are lonesome? My son told me that his crab was chirping loudly. I was afraid something was wrong...like a fight, but I found Baby sitting on the very edge of the half log like a lone wolf howling at the moon. Crazy little guy! He had been keeping company with another crabby all evening and that little guy buried...leaving Baby all alone.

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

aw that is cute in a sad sorta (way the way you put it..........it usually is a sign of distress, maybe he had a tummy ache ;-)

3. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

When my son first told me he was chirping, I was concerned because he molted recently and I was just sure he was being torn limb from limb, but there he sat on perched on the edge of the log! Guess he just wanted some attention!

4. crazy4crabs

crazy4crabs "Second Molt In Progress"

i know that my crabs chirp when they get p'oed at another crab. maybe he was telling every one that he wanted to be alone on the log, but then again i dont speak crab so I wouldnt know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.