1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little problem...

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by Carlos, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carlos

Carlos "Never Molted"

Well, I found out that carlos is molting. I know that for sure. But I have 2 crabs. And tomorrow or sunday, im buying about 3 new crabs. And a new tank. So what im saying is that carlos is in what would be the iso tank but i cant put the new crabs in there. Should i put them in the new tank with my other crab?

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

They need to be ISO'd away from your other crabs. I'd suggest holding off on buying any crabs until Carlos is done molting and you can ISO them in the tank he was in.

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

I created a sticky on how to handle new crabs- I would definately not put the newbies in there

4. NYCTaxiCrab

NYCTaxiCrab "Never Molted"

Hermez: I love your tank set-up pics on their too! After looking at your sleek sand, I think my sand is perhaps just a tiny bit too moist at the moment!

5. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Thanks - its hard to get it just right- I find it gets better the older the tank gets (yuck-o) too moist can create bacterial issues so just make sure its not too too moist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.