1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little excited.

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by marmaladechainsaw, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marmaladechainsaw

marmaladechainsaw (Micro Crab)

My smallest crab, Sumomo has been under about half an inch (beneath their water dish) for 24 hours. He's politely left me a window to see him right through the substrate. All of Sumomo's legs are showing from what I can see, and he's never stayed under in one spot for this long; especially with any body parts out of his shell. Possible first molt? Also, if it _is_ a molt, what precautions should I take regarding Momo and Kingler? Though Kingler is under too... :idunno:
    I just don't want him to be crab food since he'll be so vulnerable if he's molting. :sad5: But other than that... I'm excited if it is a molt. :straw:

2. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

mine all molt in the same tank, but I do have a bully and if he gets a whiff of a molter he will dig him up, I have tried to do everything to bulid up a glass wall across one end, the bully always found a way around to climb up & over. Then I started making sure I had calcium in the tank at all times like cuttle bones, giving them lots of peanut butter, honey, worm castings and he quit digging them up, then the only time he would attack is when they would surface cause they do smell yummy to them. I would just have take newbie out for a day give him some goodies that I mentioned & give the newbie molter a salt bath get rid of that smell and then everyone would be happy.

3. Mariah

Mariah "Preparing For First Molt"

also Try lots of protein for the bully

4. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

ya the bully and the others always get their protiens and other goodies they need, but he still will attack a new molter, the smell is to much for him, his buddy smells like lunch!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.