1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by Joey Oh, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey Oh

Joey Oh Guest

Being blessed with a family that rarely plans, and if they do, the plans usually change, I have come to expect the unexpected.

Having made Turkey day plans to spend the day at my parents farm... I got the call last night that dinner was cancelled and off to no man's land we would go.  I'm pretty much a push over when it comes to my parents, that's what the kids are supposed to do, right?  Listen and obey your parents....

After working up the nerve to tell them no, I gave the call and said that I was going to make Thanksgiving dinner for myself, the hubber and son.  The sig other and I have been together for 12 years and not once have I made a Thanksgiving dinner.  Now, I'm 32 years old, hate to cook and I was tackling a turkey.  Easy enough, right?  Well, for once in my life everything worked out as planned!  A perfect turkey breast (sorry... no dark meat eating with me, ick!) perfect dressing, mashed potatoes with cream cheese, cream cheese corn, rolls (ok, they were store bought :) and even the gravy was superb... I was supposed to make a pumpkin pie for today's meal with my parents, but after the 'call' I said to hell with it.  However, I came to the conculsion that I have to make one for the meal to be complete!  So I whipped up my favorite recipe, which includes, yeah.... you guessed it, cream cheese... baked it, cooled it just enuff for it to be still warm.  Now, I have never tried warm pumpkin pie, but let me tell you what!  That was the best piece of pie ever!  Warm, topped with extra creamy Reddi whip and I forgot I was still alive for a few brief moments!  My picky boy even loved it, or was that the Reddi Whip?!?!?

This year I have so much to be thankful for... I can breathe (albeit, not well, dern sinus issues anyway) I can run, jump, play.  I have a wonderful, happy, healthy son, and people in my life that love me.  I could sit here for hours writing down that which I don't have, but for today... It's all about what I do have!  And I indeed, do have a lot!  Happy Thanksgiving to all my Crabby friends!

2. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Awww, that's sweet!

Happy Thanksgiving!!! :huggies: :airkiss:

3. vckums

vckums Moderator

Way to go Chick!!!!!! Enjoy the meal! :rockz:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.