1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A great way to get food ready for the week....

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by chermo, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

Ok so I couldn't sleep last night so I got to thinking how can I make crab feeding easier each day so I know I don't give them the same stuff each day......

I got a great idea and I went out and bought it today.....

Those pill containers that people use to organize their pills for each week. I got a Sunday through Saturday one for .96 cents at Walmart in pink and it is awesome.

I put all the dried foods I wanted to feed them during the week in there and I will just have to add the fresh foods to the dish when I feed the crabbies at night.

Just thought I would share....

2. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

That's a great idea. I had problems with feeding them something different all the time, too, so I just bought all of the kinds of foods they need and put them in 3 different containers(each container having different things) and I give them a little from the first bag on the first day, then a little from the second bag on the next day, and a little from the third bag on the next day, and go back to the first one.

3. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

Yeah me too great idea I think i'm going to try that

4. clover

clover "Preparing For Second Molt"

WOW! i had a feeling it was that when i saw the thread title! i started that in april! i love the idea

5. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I do the same but in a different way. You can read about my food in the thread of Chermo's "Tonight they will eat..." or something. I usually make 2-3 meals one day with all the nutrients etc and then put them in the fridge so they will last two or three days and then take them out. The crabs get all the nutrients and I don't have last minute stress before I go to bed making quick lousy meals of a carrot or two. It works great for me.:)

6. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

That's a great idea! :D Right now I switch around like One Onion, except it's not in the specific plastic bags. I'm going to try your awesome ideas and get my food organized! :)

7. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

I really am liking it already, I just dump the stuff from the day in the dish and add my frozen or fresh stuff and add it to the tank. I really like how I can dump a little of each in and put that bag aside so I know I don't use it again in that same week. I know I have been doing it for only 2 days now I really enjoy feeding them it takes much less time thinking "did I give this to them this week".

8. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I only feed my crabs scrap fruits and veggies. The rest I have in either the freezer or in a cuboard. They are all marked and label sith the nutrients they have and for me, it makes life easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.