1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a gnat story{ follow the light }

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by scoobdoo, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

after several attempts to rid my tank of the few gnats I had I got em! I would see them, take the lid & light off spray w salt water, remove all the food I could see, and wouldn't see them anymore UNTIL I would put the lid & light back on and there they would be. Last night I was so frustrated I yanked that light & lid off, then I figured it out. The little buggers were going in the crack up to light following it when I took the light off! Well they "followed the light" for the last time & now have crossed over to gnat heaven! I have no more bugs! it was like one those ah ha smack your self in the forehead moments, they are attracted to the light so where would they be if not around food?

2. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

:banana: Congrats!
    Another thing I do is to take a big fish tank net that I have and wait for them to fly by and catch them in the net, hold them against the glass, and then kill them. THANK GOODNESS I don't have much of a problem with them---they are frustrating little buggers. :chuckle:

3. cocothecrab

cocothecrab (Small Crab)

wow jellybean, u really dont like gats! :hahahaha:

4. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

:biglaugh: Ummm...I only do that to gnats, and not to other little critters. :chuckle:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.