1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few questions.

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by marmaladechainsaw, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marmaladechainsaw

marmaladechainsaw (Micro Crab)

First off, I'm happy and excited for two reasons; One being that I may be getting a used 30-gallon tank, and my crabs' colours are much deeper and healthier than they were before the big tank change. :D
    Okay, so how should I prepare the 30-gallon tank if I buy it? Cleaning-wise. Also, is it possible to make a 2-story with it? I might be sounding stupid here. :biglaugh: Also, how much more EcoEarth should I buy to fill it to the necessary height? I have a 10-gallon with EcoEarth in it.
    Next, I would like to ask that if I do purchase the 30-gallon, how many more crabs could I fit comfortably into it? I already have one small (about as big as a thumb), one medium (about as big as an egg), and a jumbo (bigger than my hand) crab. Thanks. :rockz:

2. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Well you need to make it deep enough for your jumbo.10 in. at least. Maybe 4 to 6 bricks of ee. I really dont have what I think of as a second level. I have 2 magnetic basking platforms. A cholla tree, 2 long cholla branches,and a 20x8 in piece of maple bark. 2 hemp nets,a shower caddy, and long bendable silk plants. And it all goes almost to the top of the tank.They have a lot of things to climb on and they can go from one thing to another without climbing down. So you might call it a second level. Just ideas for you.
    You can clean it with dilluted vinager and water. Make sur it is rinsed well enough to get the smell out. Wipe clean with paper towels.
    You can get a couple more small crabs (they dont have to be tiny) but I wouldnt get anymore than 3. You really need that 30 gal. for your jumbo.

3. marmaladechainsaw

marmaladechainsaw (Micro Crab)

Yeah, even though I have enough space for him right now, I feel I'm close to cramping him up inside the tank. Thanks. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.