1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few of my new crabs!

Discussion in 'The HCRU Family Photo Album - Say Cheese.' started by moire_eel, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

Just for fun, I thought I'd post a few pics of some of my crabs. I have tons of new crabs, as it happens, so I can't post pics of them all. (Plus some of them have managed to evade being photographed.)

But first, here's one of my "old" crabs, Press! He is little, but eats almost as much as my largest crab. Pre-molt, post-molt, it doesn't matter, he's always in the food dish. And it seems to be paying off: he grew significantly this latest molt! He just came up a few days ago.
    [​IMG]

This is Razor, my one red Ruggie. His BP and back are actually black. Is this typical for red Rugs?
    [​IMG]

Here's Awk, my sneaky Indo who just molted. And his shell is even more hideous than it looks in the photo. He must be punishing me -- why else would a crab want to wear a shell that depicts people on it?
    [​IMG]

Here's my Cav, Machete. He's actually pretty outgoing.
    [​IMG]

... and here he's playing coy.
    [​IMG]

This is Wood Chipper, one of the Ruggies I got from Hermits Direct. It's amazing that I got a photo of him when he's relatively free of sand! (I'm also using this one as my avatar, as you can see.)
    [​IMG]

This is Mallet. He was making faces at me in the crab bin at the store, so I had to bring him home. He's rather fond of digging, as you can probably tell. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Snaps. He loves to climb, which makes him a typical E, I guess!
    [​IMG]

And finally, here's Mace, who I found freshly molted at Petco. I left him there at first, but when I went back and found that someone had dragged his exo away from him, I took him and his exo home. He's doing great!
    [​IMG]

2. happy_crabbies

happy_crabbies (Micro Crab)

What a great looking bunch of crabbies [​IMG]
    Your little Razor is beautiful. I have never seen a red ruggie before [​IMG] Very, Very cool!

3. Felicity Loves Animals

Felicity Loves Animals (Small Crab)

WOW!!! Beautiful pics!!!
    I LOVE your hermies, SO pretty!!! Especially Wood Chipper!!! What a cutie!!! His/her shell is gorgeus--where did you get it???
    Again beautiful hermies, they're just beautiful!!! Did I meanten beautiful LOL?!?

4. Jennifer Leatherwood

Jennifer Leatherwood (Micro Crab)

Moire eel
    Your pics a great!! I just love wood chipper, that pic is just adorable, great bunch!! [​IMG]
    Jenn

5. moire_eel

Thanks, y'all -- I feel fortunate to have so many fabulous new crab friends.

Are red Ruggies very uncommon? I've only ever seen the one I have, but I haven't seen all that many Ruggies, period.

Felicity, Wood Chipper arrived wearing that shell, but you can buy them from http://www.naplesseashellcompany.com -- it's a Tiger Moon Snail Shell. Several of my Ruggies are wearing them. [​IMG]

6. Felicity Loves Animals

Felicity Loves Animals (Small Crab)

Now, I want your Chipper badly!!! How much is he LOL???
    I'm jelous, YOU get him and I don't!!! MEAN LOL!!!
    What started me doing this all the sudden is because of my dad... I asked him to come to the comp to see your Chipper and he "I don't want any hermis.", so then I said "I want to just show you him and his shell", and he said "I don't want any hermies!" LOL HEHEHEHE!!! So he went into his room pretty fast, and I ran after him and I said, "I'm not telling you to get him... I want him but I can't have him!!!" So... on second thought I wannted him REALLY bad, badder than before!!! Too bad I can't can't have him [​IMG]....
    Anyway, you can tell my dad isn't into animals, atleast my ma looks at stuff like that, even though she's NOT into that stuff!!! And my little brother, Casey, does look one-in-a-while, but ONLY if he's bored AND my big brother does look at stuff when he's around, but most of the time he's out with my memaw... my family isn't into hermies much, though[​IMG].

edited to remove quote, which consisted of the entire first post that began the thread. It made this post a bit lengthy lol

7. BL00DYMARY

BL00DYMARY "First Molt, A Success"

great pictures! What a handsome bunch!

8. moire_eel

Felicity, that's why we're here -- I think most of us don't have families that care too much about our crabs. My husband likes them, but he's mostly pretty indifferent. He definitely gets tired of hearing about them.

For a long time, I couldn't find anything but Purple Pinchers here in Houston, so all my new exotics are such a treat. Getting a pretty white Rug like Wood Chipper was just luck since I ordered him and three other Ruggies online before I saw any here in town. Keep your eyes open, and one of these days you'll find a white Rug, (or maybe even a blue one!) to bring home with you. And then you can share pictures of your new friend here, and we will understand! [​IMG]

9. froggz37

froggz37 "First Molt, A Success"

Moire, I really love your ruggies! So far ruggies have to be my favorite because of the rainbow of colors they come in. I have had orange ones, Sherbert is a light orange color, Herbie was blue, and I have had black ones also. Congrats on getting a red and a white though! I would love having a white crab. Ruggies are about all I've seen around here. I've seen one jumbo pp, and jumbo straws, but other than that its all ruggies. My micros are all ruggies, I'm almost positive about that now, and they are really developing some interesting colors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.