1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple questions...

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by Mini.Mrs.Crabs, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Mini.Mrs.Crabs

Mini.Mrs.Crabs "Preparing For Second Molt"

Hello!! I have a few questions  :)

What do all you guys use to clean the slime off your water bowls and stuff???
    Mine get slimy after a while...But I know it isn't good to use soap or vinegar...

Also, how much Oceanic Sea Salt must I use for 1 gallon of water? I changed the brand of salt I use and I'm not sure if the conversion is the same...

And what are some good brands of dechlorinators??

2. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

API water conditioner (declorinator)
    I clean my bowls with hot water and a scotchbright pad. Then rinse in declorinated water.
    Use 1/2 cup of Oceanic sea salt to every gallon of dec. water. 

3. Mini.Mrs.Crabs

Mini.Mrs.Crabs "Preparing For Second Molt"

Thank you!!!  ;D

All the API I see at my local pet shop has a stress coat in it though...that's why I need to figure out if there's another brand that's good...

4. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I use API Tap Water Conditioner.  It has no Stress Coat in it.  I purchased mine from Walmart for under $3.
    However, with regards to using a TAP WATER Conditioner, the amount of Stress Coat that would be used in the water if the exact amount of drops are used would be minimal.  I really don't think there would be much of a danger as long as it was properly used.  :flower: