1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a buncha shy babies!!!

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by veltish, Jan 13, 2007.

1. veltish

veltish Guest

I ended up get 3 new babies this weekend.. i wasnt planing on it at all.. i even told myself no more for a least 2 weeks.... yeah right!! but realy i wasnt planning on it.. but i had to go to petsmart to pick u some cat food and treats( im teaching my cats obediance...and it actually working..ut they'll only listen if i use dairy flavored "temptations" cats treats. and i cant find them anywhere else.. anywho..that was off topic..) okay, so i was there and of course i had to at least look at the hermit crabs. when i went over there there was a woman buying some already.so i watched.. she had the worker picking them up and showig them t her ..alll tha good stuff..the first three he picked up she said "no..they arent pretty, i only want the good one for sarah"**im guessing thats her daughter or somthing. wel anyways...before he could put them back i said..i want them!! my heart was broken that she said that.and in front of those innocent little crabs!! i just HAD to get them. i ended up talking with the lady and she bought two crabs with the painted shells..becuase the shells were "nice". i educated her as much as possible .. but she didnt seem to care at all :po: there wasnt much i could do..she just kinda left without even thanking me for trying..

the three crabs i got actually are in pretty bad shape.. but i have a feeling they'll be okay. the one im most concerned abotu is the little girl who i named Almyra. she is missing both of her front walking legs. she seems to get around okay, but her over-sized shell doesnt help at all!! she managed to make it to the food and water dish almost immediately.. im curiouse to see how she pulls through. the other two are both boys and are named Caligi and Brac.  Brac buried down right away..so im guessing he's totally stressed out.. i hope hes okay. i didnt get any pictures of him either since he was barley coing out in his saltwater bath and i was sleeping when he buried down.. he didnt come out of his shell for the three hours i was awake before bed...i woke up to a hill of sand( he buried down exactly where i put him). caligi is doing the best out of all three.. hes been all about the tank. but is extremely leery when i come into the room. he has been pretty much right next to Xyien since ive brought him home.. not sure why that is though.well..enough jibber jabber..

Heres Almyra..the sweetest little girl..( my lil quadroped)
    i had a horrible time getting pictures of her since she was only out of her shell for about 5 seconds.
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/0OoAshleyoO0/100_0558.jpg

and Caligi..

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/0OoAshleyoO0/100_0548-1.jpg

they are both extremely pale in color..i hope they brighten up with some good care..ill give them my best..i just hope it isnt too late!

ill get pictures of Brac as soon as i see him up. any tips on how to help out almyra with her leg losing situation??

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

Im sure she'll molt soon and grow the legs back! They are both adorable, the eyes get me!!! :blower:

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Aw such sweethearts--congrats!

4. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

:hello2: Yay! Congrats on the new babies!  :hello2:

5. kinndee

kinndee Guest

Love the pics :)

6. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

Awwwwwwwww!!!  How sweet they look!  You are getting as bad as me....always bringing home that bruised & battered ones!  Good luck with their uncoming molts....I am sure it won't be long until they do!

7. Joey Oh

Joey Oh Guest

Yay!  Those two are cute... good luck with all 3 of them!

I'm glad you saved them from that horrible verbal (and physical, I'm certain) abuse!

Congrats on the new babies!