1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

90% humidity...

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by Chuck_Norris, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck_Norris

Chuck_Norris "Preparing For Second Molt"

My humidity is often at 90%, but I have never had problems with mold and my crabs are pretty active, except the ones that pretty much stay buried. When my humidity drops below 85%, all my crabs become pretty inactive, especially my straw. So, is it okay to keep my humidity this high since I haven't had any issues, or do I need to find a way to drop it?

2. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

My humidity range is and has always been, for the entire time I've been crabbing, between about 80-90, depending on whether or not I have their little fountain on. It stays steady within this range and I have had no problem whatsoever. I wouldn't let it get any higher than that though.

3. Chuck_Norris

Okay... thank you very much. I am currently calibrating my gauge just to make sure that it's still accurate. ;)

4. DaisyCrab

DaisyCrab (Small Crab)

I also find that mine is sticking at 90. My crabs seem fine though. In my big tank it's either at 90 or dropped right down to 75. And it's always 90 in my little tank, sometimes I open the lid a little but I can only do it when I'm in the room for a long period of time so I can make sure the little buggers don't get out! lol.

5. Chuck_Norris

My lid is always cracked because my tank originally came with a mesh lid... so the glass lid fits on top of the two slits used to slide the mesh lid in to place. So I always have about a 1/2 inch crack in the back and in the front. I guess I should feel lucky that it doesn't make my humidity too low!

6. crazy4crabs

crazy4crabs "Second Molt In Progress"

high humidity shouldnt be a problem but keep an eye out for mold. that is going to be the biggest problem with higher humidity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.