1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9 Hermies/40g Tank/100+ Shells/etc. for (FREE) Adoption to Expert

Discussion in 'Adopt A Hermie - Save A Life, Adopt A Hermit Crab.' started by MeLiving, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeLiving

MeLiving Hi, I'm New Here!

I have 9 hermies available for adoption. Started with 1 PP in 2009 (a gift to my son from his girlfriend). Bought another PP shortly after to keep it company. Then in September 2010, bought 8 others online(2 Violas/2 Ruggies/2 Blueberries/1 Indo/1 Pink Indo). The shipment included an additional Indo. Since then, one hermie (think it was an Indo) didn't make it through a molt and Pinko (the Pink Indo) passed away last summer. All remaining hermies have been through at least 2 molts. Our original PPs have molted several times. Included with the adoption is a 40gal tank, 100+ shells, crabitat decor and all of our hermie supplies.

I adore these hermies, but cannot care for them and enjoy them in the manner they deserve. Looking for the best possible home for them and insist on inspecting the new home first to ensure that they will be moving to a better situation. We are located in Northern Virginia. Please reply with serious inquiries.

Thanks,
    Melinda

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

I am asking around. Is there a time frame? please feel free to email me if you need more help

3. Ithera

Ithera Hi, I'm New Here!

I am willing to take on 2 species buddies of any species, but would prefer blues as long as they are not agressive. I am not the most experienced, but since starting out in December I have learned fast, and have the wonderful people at the Hermit Crab Association to help me if problems arise.

Currently, I have 5 PPs in a 40 gallon tank, so I have plenty of room. Temp stays around 82° - 78°f day and night, and humidity stays around 75% - 83% without much spraying at all. I've been wanting exotics, but don't really want to pay $70 for 2 crabs and shipping on LHC, especially when all of the LHC crabs.seem to come in with mites. :eeeek:

I am located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, but we are having warm enough weather that if you were to ship with a small heat pack overnight shipping, they should be ok.

Pics can be taken/sent to you of my crabitat if you are interested in letting me adopt 2 of your babies. :)

for a faster reply, email me at Tamarakabrud@gmail.com and I will zip over here, or converse in email.

4. MeLiving

MeLiving Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi All,

I just wanted to update my post here to let everyone know that I have found a great home for my hermies. Thank you to everyone that replied and PMed to express an interest.
    :twirl:

Warm Regards to All,
    Melinda

5. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

:straw: That's WONDERFUL news!! I know you feel so much better. Take Care... :flower:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.