1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

?????

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by createbad, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. createbad

createbad "Never Molted"

This is my first time with my hermies molting but has this ever happened to you.. This morning i woke up to do a routine check up and refill the bowls and maybe do a little cleaning. But when looked in the tank my herms were gone... I almost fainted... when my mind came back i thought that they could be molting.. have any of you guys/gals lol ever seen all your crabs go down at once (im so dirty) inside joke lol

2. xAizaOnigirix

xAizaOnigirix (Small Crab)

yeah, today i looked in a few times an two were down and one buried himself in the shell shop =] it happens, lol.

3. createbad

createbad "Never Molted"

also is it possible to give me a time frame on how long their going to be underground Big ben is a medium, assassin is a medium and dawn is a large

4. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Here's a list of average moulting time:

small: one month
    medium: 1 1/2-2 months
    large: 2 - 3 months
    jumbo: 3 months

These are just guide lines, and may vary depending on the crab. :)

5. createbad

createbad "Never Molted"

woooooooooow i guess f i dont think of it that much it probably wont seem so long... Also what should do while their down there.. Also should i put a towel on the sides and on top of the tank to block light

6. xAizaOnigirix

xAizaOnigirix (Small Crab)

they might not be molting, either. Maybe just distressing. You'll have to wait and see =] It does seem long, but it's possible! Just leave 'em alone and keep fresh food and water available and keep the tank humid. and temp. as good as possible =] Good luck!

7. createbad

createbad "Never Molted"

thanks for the advice everyone i wll keep you guys updated

8. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

Just asking but it is getting to be cold here at night and if we dont put the heat on before bed it is pretty chilly in here, the first couple of nights it happened my tank got to about 63 degrees and my crabs went down for like 2 days lol
    I freaked out and put the heat lamp on and ran out and got another UTH and it hasnt happened again but that could also be why they went down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.