1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5 Months and still Nameless!

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by strawberryskittle, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawberryskittle

strawberryskittle (Small Crab)

Hi HCRU,

I got my two crabs this past May. Halloweens is fast approaching, and still I have not named my crabs. I just can't seem to decide on anything that hits me as being right!

But its been 5 months now, and it seems kinda silly to keep calling them my "small crab" and "big crab" as surely I can't then get a tiny one and call it tiny, and a jumbo and call it jumbo! or Small#2, or large#3?

So, since I've not really been able to figure out just what to call them, what do you guys think?!

I try to avoid anything that might seem too "popular" if you know what I mean. Which might be why its so difficult for me. This was also partly why it seemed to not be a good idea to name them after Skittle flavors! Plus it would be a bit confusing to run around saying PEACH PEACH or STRAWBERRY without sounding like I'm writing a grocery list.

So, anyone want to throw any ideas out there? Have a ball!

2. Pamela_C

Pamela_C (Micro Crab)

It all depends if you want a "human" names, then check baby names or if you want different names then you can think of like crayon colors, transformers, carebears.lol

My mother in law named her dogs after literary writers : Chaucer and Milton

Have any favorite characters from books? Movies? Cartoons? Some of them have really unusual names.

We decided on names within a few seconds and we picked them because they are familiar with my 3 year old.

3. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

I named my first 3 after Veggietales characters (their sizes made it perfect) - Rack, Shack, and Benny. When Shack died the first night, I named the new guy after another basketball player (to play off of Shaq) - Z after Zydrunas Ilgauskas. Ironically, Shaq apparently is on the same team as Z - the Cavs. Z later died of who knows what (dropped his shell and died within a 2-4 hour period).

I got 4 Es and named them after the Lost Boys from Peter Pan - Toodles, Curly, Nibs, Slightly. Their names somehow fit their personalities from the book, which is funny and cool. I chose who was who based off of the costumes the boys wore in the book/movie.

I like doing a literary theme, but I wouldn't do human names. Maybe look up characters from the book Animal Farm or Lord of the Flies? They had non-standard names. Maybe even Alice in Wonderland or any other book like that?

4. strawberryskittle

Yeah, human names just don't seem right to me in this situation. Which makes it even more difficult.

what I SHOULD do, is put them in a bucket with a bunch of fruit, and then call them by the first fruit they munch on.

Or something similarly ridiculous.

5. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

Here are some names off the top of my mind:

SNICKERS POPS PHIL COOKIE
    CORKY PEP LOLLIE SEED BUISCUT COBALT SHERRIF COKE CORY COFFEE
    CHALKY ODIE BEET CHEVY LOCKE TACKY SHOCK CLAM HOOK CROSSLY FRIES CHECKERS SIMON JODY JOY SPOCK CODY SOCK BEADIE

I just made these up on the spot, so they're bound to be wierd.
    Those are my random suggestions. Have fun naming your crabs!

6. lovelylivelycrabs

lovelylivelycrabs "Preparing For First Molt"

Maple? Autumn? Harold (you could call him the Hairy <Harry> Hermit haha)? Filch? Agnes? Amber? Jade?
    Ha, my cats are named Sally and Nate, I've never been good with picking out pet names ;)

7. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

Will & Grace
    Lucy & Desi
    Thelma & Louise
    Itchy & Scratchy
    Bonnie & Clyde
    Frick & Frack
    Bert & Ernie

Seeing that it is so close to Halloween you can name one Candy and the other Corn lol Or Kit & Kat

8. lovelylivelycrabs

lovelylivelycrabs "Preparing For First Molt"

I'll have to steal the names Bert and Ernie for my crabs when I get them. I love it!

9. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Izzy, Nuzzle, Pouchie, Mulan, Basil, Pooka, Quincy, Nut, Kiki, Lena, Lana, Mokka, Chewy, January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December, Hope, Joy, Giggles, Clumsy, Button, Polky, Dotty, Mushy, Rainbow, Sunny, Prince, Cloud, Luna, Aura, Bubbles, Herman, Zoey, Yoyo, Aloha, Roary, Cali, Ditsey, Doodle, Ember, Fay, Hula, Jo-jo, BLackberrie, Mousy, Apple, Grape, Nova, Opal, Percy, Todo, Tibbles, Uno, Volley, Walley, Xox, Yodel, Zeus.

10. Donny (TMNT)

There are undred and hundreds of crabbie names out there!
    I can see just the few of us have thought up quite a few!
    I personaly like toi name stuff on my own, it seems more...personal, you know?
    Well, maybe that's just me, and I'm a loon, or a cook, or something like that.
    Well, everyones a loon one way or another, eh? We'd be pretty boring otherwise.

11. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I ended up naming mine Jumbo. I know it was really sad when I was that uncreative.:rolleyes: And then I have a tortoise named Active Guy, which really gets at me. :eek:
    But I have a couple names
    CHEESE
    FLUFFY
    HAIRY
    HARRY
    CRUSTY(FOR CRUSTACEAN OR A PIE CRUST:D)
    SCOOTER
    CLINGER
    WATERMELON
    MELON
    APPLE
    TOMATO
    PEACHES
    MY NAMES AREN'T THE BEST, THEY'RE JUST SOME IDEAS.:D

12. strawberryskittle

There's a lot of names out there for sure

Sorry been neglecting forums, had a company event to go to :/

So I'm thinking of having two names that sort of work together. One for the larger, bolder crab, and one for the smaller, shy crab....

I know there must be millions of stories or shows or movies with these personalities.... I'm just not very familiar with TV and shows and characters....

13. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Rocky and Bullwinkle? Pinky and the Brain? Um...Shaggy and Scooby? Well, I guess they both were scared...so maybe Fred and Velma?

14. Donny (TMNT)

Itchy & Scratchy? You mean that violent cartoon in the simpsons?

15. SkyBaby

SkyBaby (Micro Crab)

I have named my two PPs Sebastion and Mr. Krabs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.