1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

40B Deep clean

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by Crabcrazy2, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crabcrazy2

Crabcrazy2 (Small Crab)

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

:kpics: Well you gotta participate now dontcha!! :muahaha:

3. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Yeah, :kpics: The tank looks VERY nice! I bet your crabbies have a lot of fun in there! What kind of sand did you use?
    :straw:

4. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

ooooooohhhhhh that is neato!!

5. Crabcrazy2

Crabcrazy2 (Small Crab)

:thanks: I used play sand...a different kind this time. Bought it at an Ace Hardware on sale last fall. It seems extra fine. I hope they like it! With the exception of the molters and diggers, all seem to hang out in the FB so I moved the divider to half of the tank where as before it was only 1/3 FB. The divider is just a strip of plexi glass that I had hubby cut and I used aquarium sealant to secure it in spots at the bottom after bending it around in a semi circle. I crochetted the hammock and second level with the hemp string...Herm EZ gave me the idea of wrapping it around the fake wood thing a year or so back.

6. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

WOW someone gave me props!! :rockz: I am glad you used the idea--- :sunny:

7. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Wow, the playsand you used looks almost like coral sand! Wonderful! :straw:

8. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

WOW! It looks fantastic!!!! :rockz:

I need to get the deepclean done of my 40B. I keep putting it off, because I have so many larger ruggies in there. I am afraid to do it, because someone is always dug down. I have never had a rug survive being dug-up during a deep clean, so I am scared.

9. starmaiden

starmaiden "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

I love the idea of the net suspended across the tank to form a sky bridge! That's neat! It's got lots of greenery and hidey spots too! Looks really nice!

10. Fantastic!! Looks really nice!

How long before they trashed it? HEHEHHE My E's have already dug bombs in the sand!

11. Crabcrazy2

Crabcrazy2 (Small Crab)

:thanks:
    Yeah, I tried aquarium sealant to keep the suction cups up this time because they were always coming down before....but three have come down already. :BangHead: I've got to come up with a better solution...at least for the two ends of the net...that's usually what comes down. Probably from the weight of the hermie huts up there. But they like them there....someone's always in them. They're trashing it again tonight!

12. hermiefun

hermiefun "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

I had trouble with the end suction cups on one of my tanks, what i have put it down to is the humidity in the tank. What i did for that tank was put the suction cups or the stick on hooks on the outside of the tank and just ran some hemp from the net to the suction cup. Since then i havent had a problem with the ends coming down. :hermiefun2: Oh by the way great looking tank. :spunky:

13. Joey Oh

Joey Oh Guest

Ooooo! I like!

I love the netting!

:spunky:

14. Crabcrazy2

Crabcrazy2 (Small Crab)

Thanks for the idea, Hermiefun! I'm going to try that! I was sooo disappointed that the aquarium sealant didn't work after all of my hours of hard work making it look just right. :aargh: There is still hope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.