1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

40-50% off shells, plants, etc at Jo Ann and Michaels craft stores

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by fritteritter, Jul 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fritteritter

fritteritter (Micro Crab)

Jo Ann and Michaels are US craft stores which carry bags of shells (5-15 good, small shells per bag) as well as silk plants, decorative rocks, and sometimes even jumbo Turbo shells. Each month they have printable coupons for 40-50% off one non-sale-price item. Just search Jo Ann coupon or Michaels coupon and print off the most recent one!

Starting tomorrow, July 12, Jo Ann has a more rare 50% off one item coupon. You can print there latest coupons here (expires July 18). Michael's current printable coupon is also 50% off and can be found here (expires today, July 11).

The shell bags are usually around $4 for a mix-match selection of babylonia, turbo, shark eye, and other shells, some of which are suitable for hermit crabs and some of which are not. If you find a bag for $4 with 15 shells for your small hermit crabs, you only pay $2 with the coupon, only 13 cents per shell! I've recently found the Jo Ann bags to contain more Turbo and Trocha shells than unsuitable shells with slit openings.

If you are lucky enough to find a jumbo Turbo shell, they sell for about $10 with 2-3 inch openings. Use the coupon for $4-$5 off which is a better price than you'll find anywhere else!

2. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

Lol, much better than 2.99 for a micro shell! Thats how a pet store near me sells em.

3. crabalicious

crabalicious "Preparing For First Molt"

You rock! I'll go stock up today. Thanks for the info!

4. NitaRocks!

NitaRocks! (Micro Crab)

Sounds rockin! Thanks!

5. crabalicious

crabalicious "Preparing For First Molt"

awww.... that Michaels link isn't working for me.

I dug my weekly flier out of the recycling bin though ;)

6. fritteritter

fritteritter (Micro Crab)

Oh they probably don't allow linking directly to it... You can Google "Michaels coupon" or go to the coupon page.

Happy shopping :)

7. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Thanks. I'll see what I can find there!:)

8. deedeeiam

deedeeiam "First Molt, A Success"

I *love* shopping at Michaels. Now I can't wait to get out of this hospital and go!

9. Poppy

Poppy "Second Molt, A Success"

I went there and bought a bag of shells for my small pp, they have alot of nice ones but theres also alot of ones you cant use in the package (usually damage issues), as for the silk plants and decorative rocks I couldnt find any, there were a tun jumbo shells execpt they were like 22 bucks lol

10. Roach

Roach "Preparing For First Molt"

I bought a few of these and got good shells. I used a lot of the oyster shells for food dishes. After I took out al the ones I could use, I still had a bunch of shells that I didnt want to throw away. So I took them to my local YMCA and other children to places and gave them to them for crafts and things. So dont throw away your unwanted shells you can find something to do with them.

11. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I have a HUGE bucket of all my unused shells, most being clams. The clam shells are great for small ISO tank because they don't take much room. :) I might sell some but I'm sort of a junk collector.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.