1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 hermit crabs w/tank & toys in Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Adopt A Hermie - Save A Life, Adopt A Hermit Crab.' started by shannonrenee4, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shannonrenee4

shannonrenee4 Hi, I'm New Here!

I'm a college student living on campus with no one to take care of my 4 hermies back home. I've been trying to find homes for them for a few months now. I also have a ten-gallon tank and tons of toys & various accessories. It is all free to a good home.

If anyone is from the area and is interested, please PM me.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2009
  2. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

If you still have them in June then I come down to Rhode Island in the summer and would take them in a second! Please email me from my profile page because I don't check my posts too often.:eek:

3. hermieluv78

hermieluv78 Hi, I'm New Here!

Hello,

My name is Dawn and I have 28 hermit crabs and years of experience with them. I have all sizes. They are all E's. I live in Blackstone, MA . I'm not sure where in central MA you are. I am willing to give them a good home. Mine are spoiled! Sorry about your situation. If you can't find anyone try the petstores. Maybe we could meet halfway. Depends on where you are. I'm near the Rhode Island borderline. Contact me at dawnjiggy2@yahoo.com.

4. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Who took them? You shouldn't give them to a pet store! They usually mistreat hermit crabs!

5. Rosepetalbed

Rosepetalbed Hi, I'm New Here!

hi did you find them a home? Let me know!

Hermieluv can you PM me when you get this? Ty :D

6. shannonrenee4

shannonrenee4 Hi, I'm New Here!

Hey everyone! Thanks for your replies. I did find find them homes. However, brace yourselves because I've got happy endings and sad ones for this post.

2 of the hermit crabs were taken in by a friend of a friend who's already got way too many hermies. However, they are safe and happy and doing well. I wanted to take them home for the summer, but after visiting, I decided a temporary move and adjustment to a new environment would be too stressful. But I do visit from time to time.

After not being able to find anywhere else, I finally gave in and let my younger cousin have the other 2. I was hesitant which is why I tried to avoid it. However, I really had no other options. Despite how many times I told them to keep the tank warm, clean and humid, giving all the supplies they needed (included temp and humidity gauges), the hermit crabs got sick after a couple months. They died shortly later. My aunt later admitted she thinks the tank heater had been unplugged for a while, although she didn't realize it until they had gotten sick. I'm not sure if that is the real cause because I suspect they weren't taken care of very well, which means they could've gotten sick for any number of reasons. In any case, this was the sad ending. I miss my little hermies :(. But I'd like to think they're in hermie heaven now :rolleyes:

Again, thanks everyone for your interest. I wish I could've held out for a little longer with them.

7. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

I live in Maine. I already have four hermies in a 30-gallon tank. I could take them!!!

8. Crabby_Crazy

Crabby_Crazy "First Molt, A Success"

The magical world of ponies! (ok, not really. my h
    Alex, i belive she has already gave them away.........

9. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

Oh, okay. . . Thanks Crabby_Crazy. . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.