1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

30B and 40B deep cleans

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by starmaiden, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starmaiden

starmaiden "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

I deep cleaned both my bedroom tanks this past month. I combined the occupants of my 20L and my 30B, so now I'm down to just 3 main tanks! :party:

The Bedroom 40B--Just 6 occupants for now. 5 medium PPs and 1 small Indo. This tank has had some mysterious deaths over the summer, so I want to wait a few months from my last death before moving anyone to or from this tank.
    [img width=300 height=225]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/akeverline/hermitcrabs07/40Bdeepclean_Aug07_06.jpg[/img]

[img width=300 height=225]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/akeverline/hermitcrabs07/40Bdeepclean_Aug07_05.jpg[/img]

The Bedroom 30B--12 occupants. 3 teeny Es, 5 teeny ruggies, 2 teeny and 2 small PPs.
    [img width=300 height=157]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/akeverline/hermitcrabs07/30Bdeepcleanaug_01.jpg[/img]

[img width=300 height=225]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/akeverline/hermitcrabs07/mosspitplayground_02.jpg[/img]

Now for some of the residents:

In the 40B:

Pinchy, the grouch

Pinchy is still grouchy yet a gorgeous red coloring.

Tom is King of the Shell Pile

Cy is still in his fox shell, been a year and a half now.

Sirius checks what's in the food dish

Handsome Bruce

Tom and Bruce

My lone indo now, Irwin, wasn't feeling photogenic

And some of the residents of the 30B:

First the PPs:
    Stubby is looking not so stubby anymore

Miss snickers finds a good place to hide from the flashy box

This one is a mystery. Last October, I bought a micro sized PP so small it didn't have hardly any purple on the claw yet. It was so shy I only ever got one good photo of it.
    Peewee Nov 2006
    The crab's shell could fit on a nickle and you couldn't see the crab when it was in the shell because the crab was so tiny. After I put Peewee in my main tank, I only saw him once ever again, when I snapped the photo above. During my last deep clean, I found its shell and assumed it had a terminal molt and died. Imagine my surprise during this deep clean when I come up with not one micro-ish sized crab (stubby) but two! There shouldn't be two crabs that small in my tank... Could Peewee have somehow slipped past me undetected during the last deep clean? Here's the 'mystery crab' I am dubbing Peewee!!!
    'Pee-wee' lives!

A few pictures of MaryAnn, one of my Es:

MaryAnn

MaryAnn shows off her good side

Now for some of the ruggies:
    Fiji is growing up!

Palau

Fala

My office 40B will be done sometime in the next months or so, then I'll be finished with deep cleans...at least for awhile! :)

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Everything and everyone looks great Ann~ :rainbow: so glad the mystery crab lives on

3. vckums

vckums Moderator

Very very nice!!!!!!! :straw:

4. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

WOW Star, they are some awesomely clear pics.

5. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Very nice set tanks! Your hermies are very pretty... I'm so glad Peewee is OK! :dance:

6. shmama

shmama Guest

:kpics: That's so cool that you found Pee Wee! Those are all great pix! The grouchy PP is sooo red! It's amazing how the PPs can all look so different isn't it? Great job on the tanks btw.
    :party:

7. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

BEAUTIFUL!!!! SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL!!!!! :rockz:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.