1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 of mine passed away!!

Discussion in 'Hermit Crab Obituaries - In Memory Of "Skip".' started by jeswwjd23, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeswwjd23

jeswwjd23 (Small Crab)

i got 3 crabs about a 3 weeks ago. a few days ago i noticed the smell of dead fish. so i took out the shrimp treat i had givin my hermits for the night, and an hour later still smelt dead fish. so i decided to go exploring and locate the smell, i picked up one of the log hidies and their was pincher dead with mites all over her. then i found Jellybean same. so i have mites crawing around in my tank, the mites probably didn't come out when i gave them a bath, which stinks. this coming thursday i will be receiving the predetory bugs i ordered. the third one, Pokey, is doin' fine, nothing is wrong with her or the rest of my crabs.so hopefully i won't lose any more due to mites. oh and my other crab, Melvin wasn't looking good the past few days, i had him for about a month. he lost a leg and the next morning i found him dead in the salt water bowl, he must have slipped and fell and couldn't get out. when i got him from the store he was already missing 2 legs. so i'm really hoping i can get ride of the mites, with the pred. bugs, so i don't have to stress any of the others that are molting and destressing.

2. Itsy

Itsy "Second Molt, A Success"

Awee im so sorry to hear about the troubles your having with those nasty mites i hope it gets better once you get the preds im sending good vibes and hoping that your others dont get affected. I guess that just comes to show it is best to iso them for a period of time before putting them into the tank :(

3. Crabbybeach

Crabbybeach (Medium Crab)

Well I Am Sorry About Your Loss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.