1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

20 gallon "long" tank

Discussion in 'Shell Swap & Freebies?' started by MoribundMaverick, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoribundMaverick

MoribundMaverick (Small Crab)

Looking for a 20 gallon long tank for my hermies... I already have one but the lid doesn't fit on it right, so I'm looking to buy another one for cheap.
    Tried Craigslist and other stuff, it hasn't been much help. Anybody have one for sale or know of a place to buy one?

2. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Craigslist is the place I know. Are you looking for a free one? I saw one at a yard sale once or twice and there are often church sales in my neighborhood. How much do you want to spend?

3. MoribundMaverick

I'm looking to pay about $20 for it. I found a couple people on craigslist and every time I emailed them they never emailed me back. Guess they had sold it already and never deleted the post. =\
    Most people want to sell their tanks for about $60 and sell them with fish still in them or with a stand or something.

4. Roach

Roach "Preparing For First Molt"

I just bought one from Pet smart here and it was $23.99. No hood or anything just the tank. But that is still pretty good most used ones around here people wanted atleast $20 for it.

5. MoribundMaverick

Yea, the problem is the lids... the lids are SO expensive. I got a 20 gallon long aquarium on craigslist for $20 and then the lid cost $50... :eek:
    Unfortunately the lid doesn't fit on right and it's causuing a bit of a humidity problem. Not too much but enough that I have to keep misting more often than normal. I just called some local exotic fish stores and one of them has a 44 gallon hecti-tank that got slightly cracked so when the manager gets in he's going to call me with a discounted price... hopefully it'll be cheap enough for my tight budget!

6. Roach

Roach "Preparing For First Molt"

There is an online aquarium store that I bought my glass lid off of. All together with shipping and stuff it was like $27, which I thought wasnt bad for shipping glass. The store was called the Aquarium guys. If you search on google for Aquarium guys it should bring the site up.

7. Jessafall

Jessafall "Preparing For First Molt"

to bad your not in NY state. i have a 20H and 20L that i'm trying to sell for $10 each(they each have cracks in them but still work for hermies) but hopefully the 44 gallon will be cheap enought for you. I know what it's like with a tight budget, i'm gradually getting everything i need to own the crabbies again( had crabs for 1year in 2007) i'm soo cheap, my dad and i are going to be making the screen lids for my 10g(iso, i got for free) and 55 gallon(got for $40) main tank! all found on craigslist. we found some screen doors lying around in one of our old barns that the old owners never used! so were being resourcefull, cause i really don't feel like spending $30 for screen lid i can just make and get some plexi glass to put on top so the humidity won't get out!

8. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

Instead of using a aquarium lid you can get a piece of plexi glass cut to size and drill holes for air exchange or you can pm me for the instructions on the styrofoam lid that I used. Both pretty cheap and work great.

9. MoribundMaverick

Wow, thanks! I never even thought of that... I will have to see about plexi glass. Especially for the tank I have now... there is no lip so the lid doesn't fit in right.

10. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

If there is no lip then you can cut it to the top of the tank and let it overhang a little bit, you can just put something heavy on each corner or something to prevent escapes.

11. MoribundMaverick

I'm glad I have so many ideas now for lids! That makes things a lot cheaper, which gives more money for crabbies and their accessories. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.