1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 strikes and she's out!!

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by veltish, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veltish

veltish Guest

caligi is gone.. :tear: and once again i found penelope at the remains... im totally through with that crap!! into ISO she goes.. the only thing is.. Zero is also in the ISO and he is the one tht had the vacterial infection.. but im willing to risk her getting it ( if it could possibly spread).. is that so horrible of me?? she has killed two cras in a week... im so upset with her.. im keeping a close watch on here with Zero today.. if she even goes near him she's gunna be in big trouble!! ** actually im going to have to go out and buy an extra 10 gal. so she can be ISO'ed sperate from him.. but ill be so mad!!! i absolutely love her energy and her charachter..you can just tell she's giving me an evil laugh. .. but i wish she wouldnt do these things!!! i feel horrible that i couldnt get to either of the attacked crabs sooner!! there's been so many crabby deaths with me so far...... its really bringing me down. im so depressed about the whole crabby situation..except for Billie finally coming up FRESHLY MOLTED last night.. but more on that is in the saycheese forum....

i wonder how long ill have to keep penelope in ISO??? ill miss seeing her around the tank.. how will i know its time to let her back in??

2. queenofthecrabs

queenofthecrabs (Small Crab)

WOW!! I wish I had an answer for you! I think she may just have to be in ISO....all by herself! I have not heard of a crab so into killing tankmates! I am sooo sorry for all of your losses> You are great :pinkhat: with your crabs...keep your head up!

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

unfortunately there have been cases where crabs are so evil they do live a life of isolation.........maybe if you get another mean crab in the future they can stay housed together. I am soooo sorry for your loss :tear:

4. Semper

Semper Guest

:hug2: I know you're upset about this crab, so I thought I'd give you a hug. I don't know if this will help at all, but I'd like to inquire about your hermit crab diet. I once asked Julia Crab what I could feed my crabbies so they would not prey on one another. She emailed me that I should feed them protein, calcium, zeaxanthin, and cellulose daily. If your hermies' diet does not include these ingredients, it may be the cause of the cannibalism. It has certainly worked for me. I hope this helps. I'm so sorry about your crabby problem. :petals:

5. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Hey veltish, sorry about all this. It really sux.

Sometimes crabs do this like my ruggie Clawdia did. Yes, do try and iso her, it may help or it may not.

Semper, there are exceptions to the rule. My crabs have a wide variety of proteins, calcium, zeaxanthin and cellulose available to them on a daily basis, but still had a crab turn into a serial killer.

((((hugs)))) vel :pinkr2:

6. Semper

Semper Guest

:thanks: I almost didn't put in that post. I just wanted to help solve your problem with a simple solution. It's so hard to understand how suppliers can be so cruel to traumatize a crab to that extent. I've been lucky. I never had an aggressive crab. Sorry if I upset you and thanks for the feedback. I obviously don't know it all. Please continue to let us know how your doing with your girl. :kissflowers:

7. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Don't be silly! You didn't upset me :blowheart: ! I don't even think it's the suppliers fault. Survival of the fittest, maybe.

8. Semper

Semper Guest

:hug2: Thanks, and I hope things are better with your crabbie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.