1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 St. Louis crabs need good home

Discussion in 'Adopt A Hermie - Save A Life, Adopt A Hermit Crab.' started by chick, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chick

chick Hi, I'm New Here!

I have 2 purple claws in good health. Their shell openings are from 1 to 1-3/4 inches in width. Their color is deep and bright. I also have a 40 gal tank and a 20 gal tank with stands for both and extra food from The Happy Hermit.

I had intended to expand my colony but my husband's illness has put a tremendous financial burden on us and I now do not know if we will have a home. I would like my two guys to be secure in a caring home before things get more desperate. All supplies can go with them, if needed and if you have no money for them, that's OK.

I have had CJ and Clinger since late 2003 and mid 2004.

I live close to St. Louis. MO and can travel a bit to meet someone. Please email me at chickie1951@hotmail.com if you are interested and able to care for them. Thank you.

Pat

2. alli'smommy

alli'smommy "Preparing For Third Molt"

*stomps foot* DARN! I would absolutely LOVE to have everything. But alas, I live all the way in southern Ohio. :(

3. Chuck_Norris

Chuck_Norris "Preparing For Second Molt"

I live in the St. Louis area... I dropped you an e-mail. :)

4. chick

chick Hi, I'm New Here!

This is to Chuck Norris. I did not get your email. Please resend. I would like to know about your crabitat and experience with crabbing.

My husband wants me to wait before handing my guys over to someone else and I would not transport them until the weather is warmer, anyway. But he thinks we will survive this trial and yesterday found a source of funds I did not think we could access so we are not in imminent danger of not making the house payment.

I do want more info on your setup if you don't mind, so that I have a place to put my crabs if the worst happens.

Wanted you to know there is someone else who wants them near St. Louis who seems to have a good crabitat setup. I will ask her today if she would be willing to wait to see if we become paupers in the future. We are working hard to avoid that.

Please check my email address again and send me some info and thank you for your offer. Sorry to be so off/on about this, but I really would like to keep my guys and expand the population, if at all possible.

Pat

5. BrittBratt

BrittBratt Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi Pat,

My name is Brittney. I have owned hermit crabs since I was 13. I currently own one. I had to find home for the other 6 when I joined the Army. I am now discharged and am living with my husband in North Chicago. He is in the Navy and I am currently in school. I have been looking for friends for my hermie, Crabby. He gets his name honest. I have had Crabby for about 1 month. As of right now, my crabitat is just big enough for Crabby. He is about the size a quarter. I am looking to expand to a 20 gallon aquarium soon. I am interested in adopting your two crabs. I would have to talk to my husband first though. He doesn't get home until 330.

6. Chuck_Norris

You did get my e-mail... sky_blue_monkey@hotmail.com. :) I use my real name (Randi) on my e-mail... this is just my screen name. :) I replied to your latest e-mail just now.

7. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

I would like to vouch for ("Chuck Norris') Randi's crab care skills. This seems to be a very caring person who spoils their crabs rotten! I've seen nothing but good things posted from this person and shots of their crabs and crabitats are phenomenal. This person seems very knowledgeable about crabs and is concerned about their needs. I would not hesitate to give this person my crabbys if I were in your position!

8. Yadokari

Yadokari (Small Crab)

Actually, I just hope your family pulls through your difficulties right now. Hang in there and hopefully, you won't have to put your crabs for adoption :)

9. Lilmarcher22

Lilmarcher22 "Never Molted"

I live in the St.Louis area I'm only 12 but I take very good care of my crabs I will pm you and give you my e-mail

10. Chuck_Norris

Aww wow, thanks! Very nice of you to say. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.