1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 questions

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by cursedkid, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cursedkid

cursedkid (Micro Crab)

would it be ok if i gave my crabs some can o worms or crickets, and i wanted to know if it was ok if i sorta organized the crabitat, ill start at left to right, shell changing area, hiding, feeding drinking area, then climbing area, then in back is my climbing background, or should i just mix it up?, most of them are in climbing area [​IMG] i wish i had a cam [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. pineapplemama

pineapplemama (Small Crab)

I just started, but my tank...

20 gallon (12"h x 12"w x 30?"l)

Undertank heater

15watt light overhead
    waiting on my nightcycle 15watt to come...

1/2 playsand, 1/2 ecoearth for substrate

1 fresh & 1 salt water dish
    -sponge in the fresh

2 food dishes (1"crabcakes"smushed, 1 treat-o-day, so far they have liked banana, salmon, broccoli and pork chop)

for more food info check out:
    http://www.epicureanhermit.com

I have a plexi shelf (supported by 2 plexi triangular columns-an idea I found in here!) on the EE side with EE on top, I also have a hidey log and shells up there. To get up there they can climb the plant, the bonsai tree, the two nets (that are looped under the EE for added support) or the big arched choya.

I have another hidey log in one corner of the sandy side, a cuttlebone, and shells for shopping. I made sure and left a strip by the tank edge for Red to pace. Don't ask me why he does it, moire says her straw does it too.

There are some REALLY GREAT pics and ideas in the "Biography of our crabitat" forum...

http://hermitcrabsrus.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/5940079962

I found a ton of neat ideas, and just great advice, and the pics really help...I too am stuck here without a cam for the time being

Anywho, hope I helped!

Oodles of Toodles!

3. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

The can-o-worms or can-o-crickets are fine, though my crabs weren't too excited about the crickets I tried. But I think I've heard that your average worm you dig out of the ground yourself could have dieases, so don't try that.

I think decor's up to you, but if you have shy crabs, you might want to make sure there's a place to hide near the food and water. That way, they won't have to venture too far out of their safety zones to get nourishment.

4. pineapplemama

pineapplemama (Small Crab)

Ohh, good idea Moire. I noticed that Mover likes to sneak out at night and chow at the dish closest to his fav hidey hole...hmm maybe I should move the other dish closer too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.