1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Questions:

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by mulberrydreams, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mulberrydreams

mulberrydreams "Never Molted"

1. I have half playsand/half ee in my tank. My crabs rarely go on the sand side, & I always catch them digging around in the ee, so I assume they like it better. The problem is, I don't really like the ee. It gets all inside the extra shells in the tank and turns my sponges/light-colored shells a poopy brown color. However,it helps with keeping hum. levels high, so I think I need it or something like it.
    Anyone know of another similar product or a suitable substrate other than playsand or ee?

2. Approx. how often should a golf-ball size crab molt? My largest crab molted end of July/early Aug, and for the past 4 days has been buried at the bottom of my tank. Isn't it soon for him to be molting again?

2. OddyCrab

OddyCrab (Micro Crab)

1 try mixing it but it might not work

2 he might be distressing from the molt
    I don't think he would be molting that fast unless hes grown about a few half inches more...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.