1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 New Arrivals!

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by clover, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clover

clover "Preparing For Second Molt"

So I had a hermie that my dad brought me home as a surprise and he died soon after. he was $10 because he was HUGE! so today I had to go to Petland and pick out a big one or 2 small ones for $5 each! so i got two little ones named Pebbles and Bam-Bam! i will post some pictures of them later! my mom gave me the name ideas! she was even playing around and she didnt think i would use those names! but anyway they are small pp's and one has a white shell and one has a brown turbo shell!

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Aw sounds too cute- cant wait to see them

3. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Wow. Really cute. That sounds sort of expensive though. At my pet store they cost $3 for unpainted ones and $6 for painted. More for painted?! It's ridiculous. I would pay more for unpainted. My mom does not want me to get any more crabs. how many inches was Sebastian? Make sure you post pics soon.:)

4. cococrisp

Also clover, Make sure you ISO them. How is your upgrade going?

5. clover

oh upgrading is ok! i am a bit upset that i will be paying so much but i need my tank soon my tank is too overcrowded! and i fugured out that it is only 16 gallong for 70! ridiculous!
    upgrading is driving me insane!it is a nice size and it mey be my lasst upgrade for years because i am getting GUENIA PIGS!!!!!!!!!!!!yayyyyyyyyyyy!

6. cococrisp

Clover don't buy it! Go to petsmart, petco, petgoods anywhere. Go and ask for their "All living Things" 40 gallon tank and how much it is. I think it is about $60 or something. That will give you extra money to buy th e plexiglas and heating pad.

7. cococrisp

How many crabs do you have? If I would not put that many crabs in a 10 gallon then I would not put them in a 16 gallon and would feel nervious putting them in a 20 gallon. I'm already worried about have 8 crabs in a 75 gallon. How mnay do you have, Mckenny, in your 75 gallon?

8. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Oh my goodness---only 8 crabs? Well----are you ready-----right now I have 16---nope, it's not a misprint! :D Annnd...I am going to add a few more.

I must say though that I have a second level with three moss pits (2 corner shower caddies and 1 long caddy). I have several coco huts and my substrate is 6 inches deep. I have plenty of floor space too for them to wander around.

When I first started I put everything I could in the tank---twas just a wee bit crowded. Now I have my things seperated and stored in a big box, and after a while I'll take something out of the tank and exchange it with something else. That way I still maintain plenty of room for the crabs and they get something different to explore. (actually I like confusing them---no-no-no-hahaha---I'm just kidding) :D:D

9. clover

so good news i am buying guenia pig this weekend! i am buying the tank in summer and waiting for a deal

10. cococrisp

Clover> But you said clearly before that you needed a new tank as soon as possible. Ok. I have an idea. Lets all consider may summer! And that means you can get it now!!!:D :D Go check out your local pet store. As I said they are not TOO expensive there. How many crabs do you have, clover? I do think you need a new tank quickly but not so urgent that you might take that deal. You can wait a month if it means you can get a 20+ gallon tank.
    Mckenny> I have been building up a large storage of things as well. I'll probably be getting some more ones this year. Every time I get new crabs I always gain stuff. Sometimes decorations, tanks, shells tons of stuff. You don't know how many commercial foods I have. One person gave me 15+. I never use them. I might be getting a 50 gallon tnak. Then i'll have 2 running at the same time. An 125 gallon tank is more likly to be kicked out of my house then a 75 gallon and a 50 gallon. I guess 125 is more intimidating and sounds harder to carry.
    Everyone> I'm working on getting pet smart better conditions. I want them by the end of the summer. I brought them a checklist with things they did not have 2 weeks ago. I came back today and they had not done anything. So I found a new person who was quite convinced that he would follow through. I'll come again next week and see if they get around to doing something. Apparetently a vet has convinced them that gravel is a good calcium source and makes the crabs stonger. They have no further knowlege on molting OR calcium. I told them to put a little square inch of gravel on one side if they wish. I guess it might help. Like little calcium blocks. I don't know what kind they had though.

11. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

They sound so cute!!! :) Wow, you're getting so many new pets lately! First Pebbles and Bam-Bam and then Addy the guinea pig! What are the genders and species of the hermit crabs. Please post some pics! I don't think the ten gallon is big enough. Small crabs need three gallons each and you have a lot of small crabs. If you look around, you could probably find great discounts on big cages. I'm looking for a 50-75 gallon tank right now. My current tank seems too crowded with not even a lot of stuff!

12. kikee

kikee (Micro Crab)

Love the names so cute :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.