1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st cuttlebone- how do i serve??

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by cluelesscrabber, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cluelesscrabber

cluelesscrabber (Micro Crab)

i recantly bought a cuttlebone and It's my 1st one. i just want to know how i should give it to the crabs. right now i broke a bit off and put it in the food bowl, but should i grind it or powder it somehow? need advice ^_^

2. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

I grate a little over the food a couple of times a week. I just use a knife to scrape it off. I sometimes put a chunk in there, but I can't tell that anyone does anything with it. It just lies in the substrate and gets nasty.

3. Becca

Becca (Small Crab)

What section of the pet store/what pet store are you guys finding cuttlebones in? I'm not sure my store has them.

4. gweebles

gweebles "Preparing For First Molt"

You find them in the bird section. They are a long oval thingie. I grind some up with the food and I have one in the tank just by itself.

5. Becca

Becca (Small Crab)

I'll look them up next time I'm at the store. A new heater (yay! the tank is finally the right temperature!) and food were more pressing needs. Although, I was looking for moon glow bulbs and they don't sell them. They only sell wattages meant for reptiles (60+) and not the 15-20 for hermies. So sad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.